Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Finally, Something I Can Relate to!

 


Today, I made a startling discovery. I was making a run through the Target Toy aisle, looking for any bargains on baby toys, when I ran across the end cap for the new “Shrek the Third” movie.

We are “Puss” people, so it’s required that I look for new and better “Puss” toys whenever I see the “Shrek” display. They happened to have several new ones, which is what initially caught my eye.

I had seen the trailer and knew that Shrek & Fiona were expecting. Target had baby Shrek toys. I picked up one to check the back to see what all they were coming out with, when I saw IT.

The word “Triplet” was there in huge letters, emblazoned across the front of the package. Surely not, I thought.

But most assuredly so! Shrek and Fiona are having triplets, hence the “Third” portion of the title! Better yet, they appear to be having two boys and a baby girl just like I have!

How nifty is that? My kids will finally have something they can watch that emulates their life! I know what you’re thinking; it’s a cartoon for cryin’ out loud!

Seriously, you’ve no idea how different growing up with 2 other siblings your own age must be. I can’t even fully understand it, but I see the way they play together, share together and treat each other when one is sad.

I have some inkling that they know they are different. After all, everyone tells us so each day we go on an outing. My job is to ensure that they understand that they are different in a very special way that most people will never be able to understand, and help them relish meeting the many sets of triplets that we run into so that they know that they are not alone.

I have even talked with some elderly triplets who were very helpful in telling me what it was like growing up as a triplet sibling, advice that I cherish and appreciate more than these ladies will ever know.

So maybe now you can understand just how having movie characters just like my kids will help out enormously in making them feel “Normal” in society.

They even have traits much like my baby’s do, according to the pictures. I am so very excited that someone is tackling a portrayal of life with triplets even if it is animated and a fairy-tale.

Originally published THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2007 BY MIMI RANKIN WEBB

HTTP://MIMIRANKINWEBB.BRANDYOURSELF.COM/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home